Friday, November 3, 2017

Marvel Legends Vintage Series Black Widow

Oh yeah, finally got a Black Widow Marvel Legend. Came across the Vintage wave at Walgreen's today, and was stoked there was a Black Widow left cause she was the one I wanted most because I was never able to get a figure of her 'til now to complete my Avengers line up. Couldn't bring myself to ever buy the terrible looking 2004 Toybiz figure, and thanks to limited production and distribution of the 2010 two-packs I can never afford the far superior near perfect Hasbro version.

As is Hasbro current M.O. she just uses a standard adult female body cast in black plastic with only her belt and Stinger gauntlets make her definitively comic book Natasha Romanov. Her head is reused from the Toys"R" Us two-pack Mary Jane, but I think works better for Natasha, I do wish the the hair color was a bit lighter, and not sure why they tried this weird fade from lighter to darker wash on the hair though. She comes with two "Nick Fury" pistols as I call them instead of more real world looking hand guns, which I don't mind cause she has used them in the comics, but I might look in my weapons bin to see if I can arm her with something else.

I really hope they make another wave of these Vintage Marvel Legends, cause I really love the retro inspired blister cards, and gives use collectors a cool reason to pick up a repaint when they pull on the ol' childhood nostaltiga. Personally I can't wait to see if they make a bright green Hulk or classic costume Thor. Now I just need a Marvel Cinematic Universe Black Widow to join my movie Avengers, but also still need a comic version Winter Soldier, damn ultra rare two-packs.  


No comments:

Post a Comment