Wednesday, October 9, 2013

LVCE'13 Haul

I didn't count but I think I got around 100 comic books, knock off quite a few items off my want list. When it comes to conventions I always update and bring my want & needs list, but I have to say this year about half the haul is comics that weren't on my list, but cool issues or mini-series that caught eye, and the best part of conventions I love the most; I paid no more then a dollar for most of these books, sure a few at $2 or $3, but at the most $5 for a great trade paperback. Here are some of the real highlight items I am real happy I found this year.

Cable #63, 73, 74, 76
Oh yeah, four issues of Cable off my list, now I just need one more issue and I have the complete run of Cable's first monthly series.

Death's Head II (1992 Mini-Series) #1-4
I will own every issue Death's Head II has appeared in, I have half of his monthly series, just need the other half and some one-shots to achieve that.

Machine Man (1984 Mini-Series) #1-4
I'm a huge fan of Aaron Stack a.k.a. X-51 a.k.a. Machine Man, so when I came across a mini-series I never seen before I quickly added to my buy pile.

New Avengers #54-64 and Finale
With these 12 issues I now with the complete run of New Avengers Vol. 1.

Onslaught Unleashed #1-4
Loved the the whole Onslaught event back in 1996 so I had to pick these up when I saw them. Just need the Onslaught Reborn mini-series that precedes this.

Punisher/Batman & Batman/Punisher
I have been looking for the Punisher/Batman book for a while now, the only time my favorite artist John Romita Jr. has ever drawn Batman. This was my star find of this expo, and was the most expensive I paid for a comic at $5.
Uncanny X-Men #508-510
Knock three issues of my Uncanny X-Men need list, and right where I left off.

What If... #47
SCORE! Finally got part 2 of the only 2-part What If story that start in #46 with "What If Cable Destroyed The X-Men?".

Wolverine and The X-Men #4-19
Didn't jump in to Wolverine and the X-Men during Regenesis instead got caught up and stayed with Uncanny X-Men and X-Men, so now I'm playing catch up with Wolverine and The X-Men.

Wolverine: Weapon X #1-6
Already had five issues, so with these six now I only need five more and I have the complete run. Love that I got four variant covers, especially that awesome #1 variant cover by Adam Kubert.
 X-Men: Schism #1-5
All five issues, all with the original first printing covers. The only way I wanted this mini-series, didn't want to have a mix of 2nd printing and variant covers.

X-Men Vs. Avengers #1-4
Before Avengers Vs. X-Men there was X-Men Vs. Avengers in 1987. This was a real surprise find, and I am amazed at the condition these four issues are in for a 26 year old comic, I'm talking brand spanking new like they just came off the printing line. 

Batman #452-454 "Dark Knight, Dark City"
Great three issue story I've been looking for, with covers by Mike Mignola, and a connection to Grant Morrison's death and return of Batman epic.

Brightest Day Aftermath: The Search fo Swamp Thing #1-3
Swamp Thing and John Constantine return to the DCU proper after Brightest Day just before the New 52 reboot. Now I just need to get Brightest Day Vol.3 hardcover so I can read these.

Final Crisis: Revelation #1-5
Loved the Final Crisis event which actually got me in to buying current DC Comics with the death of Batman in the main Final Crsis mini-series. Definitely gonna try and get all the other Final Crisis mini-series and one-shots. Great story to have if your a Batwoman fan like I am.

 Signed Neal Adams Art Print
It was a great honor to meet artist and writer Neal Adams. He had a wide array of art prints to choose from to sign, I went with the pencil sketch of Batman being shot at from Adams' Batman: Odyssey maxi-series.
Signed Peter Nguyen X-Men and Batgirl Art Prints
Can almost not believe I meet Peter Nguyen an artist whose Tumblr I follow. I highly recommend checking out his Tumblr, he is a phenomenal artist. Got the X-Men print for myself and my girlfriend picked out the Batgirl for herself.
 Signed Comics
This convention I decided to hit Artist Alley and actually get artist and writers signatures, so I brought my He-Man and The Masters of The Universe #1 to get signed by Philip Tan and my Red Hood and The Outlaws #1 to get signed by the writer, artist, and colorist, did get it signed by artist Kenneth Rocafort and colorist Blond, but sadly I didn't get writer Scott Lobdell's signature, he already left for the day when I got to his table.

Bishoujo Harley Quinn Statue 
My girlfriend is a huge Harley Quinn fan, and this recently released collectible was on her wishlist of Harley wants, so we were both glad to find it for a great price at the expo.

No comments:

Post a Comment