Monday, January 24, 2011

First Post: Transformers TPBs


Welcome to Temporal Flux, and to my first post on my new blog. What you see in the pic is an awesome lot of Transformers graphic novels I won off Ebay. Consisting of nearly the entire run of the Titans Books collections of Marvel Comic's 80 issue Transformers run, only missing one volume. Extra including the first hardcover book of the Generation 2 mini-series, and two Transformers UK trades.
 
If you were a kid in the late 80's like I was, then you watched or at least knew of the original Transformers cartoon. Myself, I caught the later reruns, not the original broadcasts, but as a budding comic reader/lover/collector I came across the Transformers comics from Marvel, and that's where I truly fell in love with the Transformers. The stories, art, and characterization in the comics in my opinion showed the war between the Autobots and Decepticons far much more better and deeper then were ever shown in any TV series or movie.
 
The Marvel comics gave my two favorite Decepticons that were never shown in any cartoon, Bludgeon, and Thunderwing. I have a few issues of the singe issues, and I've always wanted the complete 80 issue series, but never found them back issue diving. I missed the releases of the Titans trades, so winning this collection, and now finally (almost) having the complete series is a real achievement for me.
 
Maybe after I read them all I'll post reviews and write my thoughts on my favorite version the Transformers.

No comments:

Post a Comment