Thursday, July 5, 2012

Marvel Universe X-23 Review

X-23, a young female clone of Über-popular X-Man Wolverine, was a very controversial character when she first appeared, originally created for an episode of the X-Men: Evolution cartoon before being made an official cannon character in the main Marvel Universe a year later by the same writers that created her. I gave up watching the X-Men: Evolution after the first season, so I never saw the episode she appeared in, nor did I read any comics she first appeared in so I never got to she her in action or get a real feel for her. I can tell you I was highly against her getting a Marvel Legend action figure in 2006 because I felt a character that had barely been in the comics just under two years was unworthy of being released in a series called "MARVEL LEGENDS", but since then I have read comics with X-23 in them and have come to welcome her in the world of The X-Men and even like her a unique character.
















Marvel Universe X-23 is chalk full of articulation, the first female buck to sport this much, but a flawed design of her upper thigh limits her movement at the hips, so standing and sitting/kneeling poses are possible but not side-kicks or the splits. I am glad they decided not to sculpt her with her feet claws out, and I am impressed with the slip-on soft plastic used to create the look of her boots, if you didn't know better you'd think they were completely new sculpted pieces. It's nice to see Hasbro is trying to complete the team of Wolverine's X-Force, I just hope X hasn't inherited Logan's ability to made multiple times in multiple costumes, I personally would only like one more X-23 in another costume with no mask.

No comments:

Post a Comment