Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Super 8 / Summer Movies



OK, so at first I didn't want to see this movie at all, from the way it was described and it being directed by J.J. Abrams I thought it was going to be a sequel/prequel to Cloverfield or nearly like it with the entire film being from the point of view of a camera. For the record, I HATED Cloverfield, it is on my list of most hated movie of all time I will never never ever watch ever again, and believe me it's a very short list, I have never felt so robbed of a movie experience then by that flop of movie making. Now I got nothing against J.J. Abrams, but I have to say he's only work that I like and by like I mean freaking love to death, is the new Star Trek movie, which he made perfectly awesome, and can not wait for the next Trek movie which I hope he again directs or at less still has he's hands in producing.

So I finally decided to watch the trailer for Super 8 to see if was going to as horrible as I had imagined, but instead I found no "Camera POV" shots anywhere and I do have to say I was quite impressed with what I saw. The story, character, and visual effect all like something I would enjoy watching at the theater and then later buying on Blu-Ray, now I can't wait to see it. Also yesterday I added a list of all the movies I am looking forward to seeing this summer to the side bar, and man does it look like I'll going to the movies alot over those three months.

  • Fast Five (April 29th)
  • Thor (May 6th)
  • Priest (May 13th)
  • Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (May 20th)
  • The Hangover Part II (May 26th)
  • X-Men: First Class (June 3rd)
  • Super 8 (June 10th)
  • Green Lantern (June 17th)
  • Cars 2 (June 24th)
  • Transformers: Dark of The Moon (July 1st)
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 (July 15th)
  • Captain America: The First Avenger (July 22nd)
  • Cowboys & Aliens (July 29th)

No comments:

Post a Comment