Sunday, July 10, 2011

DCnu and Me

I never bought many individual DC comics, I probably have about 10, I grew up faithfully devoted to Marvel. Though with in the last year I have started collecting DC trade paperbacks and hardcover graphic novels, at last count almost 50 consisting most of Batman, Green Lantern, and Superman. So if you read my initial rant about the relaunch I said I'd most likely sit it out, but since then more info on the books has been released, so out of the new 52 only 20 look good or interesting to me, so here are those and my reasons why I would might get them when they come out.

08/31 JUSTICE LEAGUE written by Geoff Johns with art by Jim Lee, so with a great writer and long time favorite artist that enough for me, even though I'm not a huge fan of Lee's new costume redesigns.

09/07 ACTION COMICS written by Grant Morrison with art by Rags Morales. Grant Morrison writing Superman, I don't care if it is another new origin, written by Morrison it's going to be awesome.

09/07 BATGIRL written by Gail Simone with art by Ardian Syaf, K so I'm intrigued by the controversial story of Barbra Gordon's return as Batgirl. I got see how see how see gets back into the action.

09/07 DETECTIVE COMICS written and art by Tony S. Daniel, just on the fact it's a new Detective Comics #1, and to see how and if the new status quo is acknowledged.

09/07 SWAMP THING written by Scott Snyder with art by Yanick Paquette, to see where Swamp Thing is going and doing as Earth's New Guardian after the Search For Swamp Thing mini series.

09/14 BATMAN AND ROBIN written by Peter J. Tomasi with art by Patrick Gleason, Tomasi has done good Green Lantern stories and like to see how he handles Batman working with he's son as Robin.

09/14 DEATHSTROKE written by Kyle Higgins with art by Joe Bennett. Love The Terminator, can't wait to see he's new place in new DCU. Not sure about the armor though, looks like Marvel's Sinsear villain from the 90's.

09/14 GREEN LANTERN written by Geoff Johns with art by Doug Mahnke, solicitation says a new Green Lantern is introduced, so I wonder it's an actual new person or a retelling of Hal Jordan getting he's ring, I lean towards the later.

09/14 RED LANTERNS written by Peter Milligan with art by Ed Benes, Hmm I really never saw Red Lanterns holding their own monthly but hey it has to do with Green Lanterns and is drawn by Ed Benes I'll bite.

09/21 BATMAN written by Scott Snyder with art by Greg Capullo, I've heard Snyder's run of Detective Comics was really good, and being a previous Spawn artist I can't wait to see Cappullo's Batman.

09/21 CAPTAIN ATOM written by J.T. Krul with art by Freddie Williams II, interested to see the new take of Captain Atom. I have an old friend to thank for my interest in Captain Atom, who pointed out he's similarities to Marvel's Cable.

09/21 GREEN LANTERN CORPS written by Peter J. Tomasi with art by Fernando Pasarin, It's Green Lantern Corps following Guy Gardner, John Stewart, and Kilowog, you know it would definitely be on my pull list.

09/21 NIGHTWING written by Kyle Higgins with art by Eddy Barrows, definitely want to see how Dick reestablishes himself as Nightwing, and why he's gone from blue to red.
09/21 RED HOOD AND THE OUTLAWS written by Scott Lobdell with art by Kenneth Rocafort, I'm a huge Jason Todd fan and I think him becoming the Red Hood was a great and unique villain for Batman. Also like Arsenal and Starfire so I think it's going to be a cool team dynamic which I know Lobdell can do justice.

09/28 AQUAMAN written by Geoff Johns with art by Ivan Reis, the team that revitalized Green Lantern and The Flash now doing the same for Aquaman. I've been enjoying Aquaman in Brightest Day, so I definitely want to see more of him in he's own part of the universe against he's enemies.

09/28 BATMAN THE DARK KNIGHT written and drawn by David Finch, David Finch writing and drawing Batman, that's enough to make me want it.

09/28 FLASH written by Francis Manapul with art by Brian Buccellato, haven't read the current Flash series currently out but I want to, seems to be a continuation of that series with the same team. I'm a Barry Allen fan, so I'd be there to see how he's is in the DCnu.
09/28 GREEN LANTERN NEW GUARDIANS written by Tony Bedard and drawn by Tyler Kirkham, I've never read any of Kyle Rayner's days as the one and only Green Lantern but I've started to get a better respect for him from he's appearances in GL and GL Corps, and I'm curious to know about he's team of various other Lanterns and what they'll be doing.
09/28 SUPERMAN written by George Perez with art by Jesus Merino, Arg that new costume is ugly, but I want see what Supes new status quo is, and to see what happens with he's relationship with Lois, which I hear may be going the Marvel Spider-Man: One More Day route, arg.
09/28 TEEN TITANS written by Scott Lobdell with art by Brett Booth, this one just to see what Tim Drake is going to be up to, always liked the Teen Titans/Young Justice/New Mutant/X-Academy  kind of teams.

If I do end up getting any of these you can rest assured I'll be posting my thoughts about them.

Also, this is my 100th post and as you can see I have already done some changes to celebrate, and now I unveil a new banner. With nearly 6000 page views I want to thank all my readers, and to say don't be afraid to leave comments, or to officially follow me, I look forward to hearing comments and commenting back to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment