Sunday, July 3, 2011

Transformers: Dark of the Moon Review


Wow, what can I say about TF3? It was awesome, I loved every minute of it. I don't know who's idea it was, either Leonard Nimoy's or the script writers after Nimoy was cast, but hearing Sentinel Prime say "The needs of the many out weigh the needs of the few" blew me away, pure nerdgasam. Other great Transfan pleasures were Laserbeak landing on Soundwave's arm and when Laserbeak was hiding as a copying machine the sounds made pushing he's buttons sounded like the original G1 Transformers theme.

As always Peter Cullen as Optimus Prime is incredible and just adds epicness to the movie, and no one could have made the character of Sentinel Prime more believable and on par with Cullen then Leonard Nimoy. I forgot Alan Tudyk was gonna be in this movie, if you've seen him in great sci-fi shows Firefly, Dollhouse, and V then you know he's an amazing actor, so seeing him in this movie just made it a 1000% better just with him being in it. I do have to say I liked Rosie Huntington-Whiteley as Carly more then Megan Fox's character of Mikaela, and of course love her being an additional actual G1 human character.

I give Dark of The Moon 9 out of 10 Space Bridge Pillars, it was truly a pure joy to see in IMAX 3D. The story with Decepticons on the Moon and working with humans was great story and felt like a ol' G1 episode brought to life, modernized, and darkened, but I feel like a few story details and/or editing could of been handled better like Optimus get caught in crane cables, and the barely used Shockwave could been a far more intimidating if he we given some lines to say, to name a couple. Now I may catch some flak for this, but I have to say I like Revenge of The Fallen a bit more then this chapter, to me it's story and action sequences were more darker, emotional shocking, and world threatening, but Dark of The Moon still kicks ass, doesn't suffer for "Third Movie Syndrome" and will become a much loved rewatch as the other two.

Hope the rumors of Steven Spielberg wanting to make Transformers 4 pans out, cause that would be amazing. Plenty more Autobots, Decepticons, and other great Transformers mythos to bring to the big screen. Personal wants would be Unicron, Ultra Magnus, Prowl, and Bludgeon.

No comments:

Post a Comment